Utah Criminal Defense Attorney, West Jordan Utah
Utah Defense Criminal Defense Attorney With A Proven Record of Utah Criminal Law Success. Call Now | 801-568-1500
Utah Criminal Defense Attorney With Utah Criminal Law experience
Attorney John K. Rice brings decades of Utah Criminal Defense Law experience to your defense. As highly respected Utah Criminal Defense Attorney, John has represented families, individuals and business owners across the state of Utah in criminal law cases.
Every client has the right to protect and defend their rights in court. Utah Criminal Defense Attorney, John K. Rice, takes the time to listen to your needs and then works hard to tailor fit a criminal defense to meet your needs & budget. Call us today for a free consultation. Discover the peace of mind that comes with the knowledge that your rights will be defended by one of the best Criminal Law Attorneys in Utah.
SOME FACTS ABOUT DEFENSE ATTORNEY JOHN K. RICE, ATTORNEY AT LAW:
- Born in Missoula, Montana June 16, 1955
- Graduated Hamilton High School, Hamilton, Montana, 1973
- Graduated University of Utah, 1979, Bachelor of Arts, Economics, Magna Cum Laude
- Graduated University of Utah School of Law, 1984, Juris Doctorate
- Admitted to practice in the State of Utah, 1984
- Admitted to practice before the United States Federal District Court, District of Utah, 1984
- Admitted to practice before the United States 10th Circuit Court of Appeals, 1984
- Utah State Bar Association
- Estate Planning Section, Utah State Bar
- Litigation Section, Utah State Bar
- Criminal Defense Section, Utah State Bar
- American Bar Association
- ABA Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law
- Utah Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Western Conference of Teamsters Legal Services, Local 222, Panel Attorney
- West Jordan Chamber of Commerce
John K. Rice, Attorney at Law, PC, is committed to the mission of helping families across the Western United States properly plan for the unexpected during their life time and properly plan for death. The firm accomplishes this mission by:
- Educating clients about the tools available to protect them during life and control their investments after death, which tools include the use of wills, trusts, powers of attorney, health care directives, health care proxies, asset protection trusts, dynasty trusts, special needs trusts, family limited partnerships, limited liability companies, sub-S corporations, C corporations, and other similar tools;
- Preparing estate planning documents that, to the extent possible, avoids legalese and is understandable to the client;
- Engaging in continuing education pertaining to changes and advancements in estate and tax law with the aim to keep clients’ estate and business plans up to date;
- Personalizing estate and business plan services through one on one meetings with a qualified estate planning attorney who will identify the client’s objectives and create a customized plan that accomplishes those objectives;
- To the extent possible, prepare the legal documents necessary to carry out the estate and business plan on a flat fee basis;
- Assisting and educating clients on an ongoing basis to fund and carry out their estate and business plan;
- Reviewing with the client the estate and business plan every 2 to 3 years in order to bring the client up to date on any changes that may be necessary;
- Always being prompt in responding to a client’s request for information or advice;
To further the foregoing objectives, the firm of John K. Rice, will have available to the client qualified estate planning attorneys and legal assistants that are personable, available to take as much time as needed to construct personalized plans, and sensitive to the client’s concerns.
The firm’s goal is to provide affordable estate and business planning for the client 1) which is the client’s plan, developed with the assistance of qualified legal advice; 2) which fully funds and accomplishes the purpose for which the plan was developed; and 3) provides client satisfaction to such a degree that the client is willing to readily refer the firm to others.
Our experience and expertise in the areas of Estate Planning, Asset Protection, Business Law and Litigation have made John K. Rice one of Utah’s the Premier Attorneys. We offer a full range of legal services and we look forward to working for you and your family.
- Estate Planning
- Power of Attorney
- Living Wills
- Health Care Directives
Attorney John K. Rice
Why Choose Attorney John K. Rice?
Fast and Friendly
Your time is important and in legal matters this is especially true. We take great pride in helping our clients address their legal needs quickly and correctly.
Proven Record of Success
With over 30 year of experience we have the skill and experience to address even the most complex cases. From Estate Planning to Wills & Trusts you can trust us to protect your assets.
Contact us for a free consultation and find out how you can protect your estate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are few questions we get asked all the time. If you need more info about a topic or issue, give us a call, we are always happy to help 801-568-1500.
Learn more about our estate planning resources by clicking on the topics below.
Can I use a Will or Trust that I found on the Internet?
Maybe… The trouble is you will not be around to find out if something is wrong. Many people have copied Wills or purchased forms for estate planning online. Much litigation surrounds the validity and effectiveness of those documents. When you hire us to prepare your estate documents you will know that your wishes have been legally and validly documented and must be followed upon your death. In addition, we take the time to answer your questions and create a Will customized to meet your needs and specifications
What are the duties of a personal representative of a Will and whom should I select?
The Personal Representative’s job in Utah includes the following tasks:
- File a petition with the court (with an original death certificate and will)
- Get appointed Personal Representative of the estate
- Gather all estate assets
- Prepare an inventory of the assets and liabilities of the estate
- Notify creditors
- Review and accept or reject creditors claims
- Pay debts of the estate
- Pay the final taxes (if any) of the estate and arrange for the filing of the final tax return
- Distribute assets of the estate to the appropriate beneficiaries
- File documentation with the court to close the probate matter and release the Personal Representative from any further liability or obligation
What are different types of Power of Attorney?
- Durable Power of Attorney -The general and special powers of attorney can all be made “durable” by adding certain text to the document. This means that the document will remain in effect or take effect if you become disabled or incapacitated.
- Special Power of Attorney – This power of attorney delegates limited authority to another person for them to act on your behalf.
- General Power of Attorney – This power of attorney delegates unlimited authority to another person for them to act on your behalf.
Working with John was a pleasure. He and his staff took an otherwise hopeless situation and turned it around for our family. I can’t thank him and his staff enough.Andy C.
You Made the Process So Easy
For years I have known that I need to get my Living Will in order. I just kept pushing it off because I was worried about the time and expense of the process. I was also concerned about addressing the topic with my wife and children. After meeting with John, I discovered I was worried for no good reason. The entire process was painless and I sleep better knowing that we have a plan in place for the future.Jenson Family
Fast and Friendly
Working through probate document on our own as overwhelming. My wife and I didn’t understand many of the items in the document and we made several mistakes. We wasted a lot of time in the process. We are so grateful to have met John and his team. In the very first meeting that helped us get things on track. Once we started to work with John the process went so quickly.Shelly & Dean Smith